Here it is 2016, and I didn’t make any personal resolutions this year because I haven’t been too successful in keeping many in the past. However, I have made some resolutions for our chapter, and along with your support and that of the board, I am going to work hard at keeping these resolutions. This started out as a wish list:
- Replace our aging and temperamental office computers.
- Explore opportunities in acquiring grant monies which would fund future projects.
- Put a float back into the Pride Parade by finding funding & sponsors to accomplish this.
- Day trips in the spring, summer & fall.
- Creating more membership activities.
- Membership drives through events and advertising & social media.
- Search out other charitable projects while continuing to build our relationship with The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
- Making our Ogunquit & Provincetown getaways even better.
To get these rather ambitious ideas off the drawing board and into application, we are asking for your help, your involvement and your investment. Your board works hard to pull things together and make things happen but without your support and participation it all feels rather empty. I hope that you became a member to make new friends, expand your social circles and have fun doing things that you like to do with people you enjoy being around. I am soliciting your ideas and asking for your input to make these resolutions happen. Please give me or a board member any thoughts you may have about all of this and let’s make 2016 a year filled with new memories yet to happen with old friends and new acquaintances. The more you put into your membership, the more you get out of it. Happy 2016. May it be a fun-filled & healthy year for all of us. And remember, together we can make things happen.